Thursday, August 14, 2014

Muse for a Moment

Meditation is a way to let the noise settle and see what's inside. Meditation can reintroduce you to the part that's been missing. -Russell Simmons


We have the answers to all of our deepest questions within us. When others ask me for advice, I will give them my advice. I'm a woman, I can't help it! But I make it a point to not be biased in my giving of advice. I usually give them at least a couple of solutions, one of which is always what I would do. But I want them to search within themselves for what they should do- for they are not me and their life will not follow the same patterns as mine. As much as I wish I had the answers for everyone, I know that I do not.

There is someone who has all the answers though. I find my answers originate from my Father in Heaven who knows me better than I know myself. But I find those answers inside. I search, study and ponder. Then the answers come. Talking it out with people can help, but if I find the answers while talking with them, it generally comes from me and not them. Though we often need others' help to see it. There are times when someone receives that inspiration for us because they are in a position to receive that inspiration and we are not, but if we will humble ourselves enough to do what we need to in order to find the answers, they will come to us.  And they must come to us before we are willing to act on that answer.

We all need time, daily, to step away from the chaotic world and meditate. The word muse means to think or meditate in silence. So every day, Muse for a Moment. This is incredibly soothing to the soul, and provides the quietness of mind we need to receive those answers. The Lord commands us to read His word each day. I know from experience that when we do that the problems in our lives will not get out of hand, they won't have a chance to. You see, generally I receive the answers before the questions come when I am doing this daily. If we would but trust the Lord with all of our hearts, and lean not unto our own understanding, acknowledging the Lord in all things, we would find that He has led us to where we need to be to receive those answers. Will we stop for those moments we need each day? It is amazing how it all works out when we do, but it all falls apart when we use those few minutes to finish up something else that is important, just not as important.

There is so much we miss in life when we get so busy with the little things. If we allow ourselves that time every day to step back and see the big picture, we will find the beauty in the little things. And although our lives may be chaotic, we don't have to be chaotic too. I found this brilliant pin on pinterest: Ego Says: "Once everything falls into place I will find peace." Spirit says: "Find peace and everything will fall into place." This is precisely how life works. We will never have it all together, but that doesn't need to keep us from the peace available to us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment